It'seeze Hull Commerce & Shop Websites | A Helpful Guide
Posted on 21st April 2018 at 16:32
You want to sell things online. People like buying things online. Sounds good so far?
Being able to sell your product 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to customers around the world is an ideal situation. A shop that never closes. A shop that makes you money while you sleep. Great... But how do you go about it and what should you look out for?
1. Do you really NEED an e-commerce site. And by e-commerce, I mean a website with full shopping basket capabilities, stock management, multiple payment gateways etc, etc. If you've just got a few products, you're not selling in bulk, or the price point is quite low, you may well want to consider that good old favourite, PayPal. Yes, the fees are higher than other payment gateways but the simplicity of set-up and the ease of use for the customer makes it an attractive option.
Both our Lite website packages and our Max website packages include PayPal and Worldpay 'Buy Now' buttons as standard. Just use the it'seeze edit system to add the buttons and set prices - and hey presto, you're up and running!
2. OK, so you've got lots of products and need something that can handle the busiest of sales periods. First thing to consider is ease of use. Setting up your shop, categories, products, delivery, variations, stock etc should be fairly straightforward, however you need to look at how easy it is to edit the general web pages, text, images, how-to videos, product guide downloads. You need a platform that really gives you full control over everything without having to incur the expense of going back to a developer every time you need a change or update.
Using a comprehensive website editor (such as the one included as standard on all our websites) will provide you with the ability to add pages, blogs, features and to update text, images, links, video, audio and much more.
3. How about the look, feel and design of your site? Honestly, do you REALLY want to use a standard shopify, magento or woo commerce template? Does that make you stand out? I think you know the answer here... Your website needs to reflect your product, your brand, your vision and a template isn't really going to cut it here.
As you'd expect, our commerce websites are built from scratch so you've no limitations when it comes to choosing a design for your site.
4. How easy is it for people to buy from you? Can customers browse without creating an account? Can they select multiple delivery options? More importantly, can they purchase from you using a trusted payment gateway such as Worldpay, Sage Pay or Barclaycard?
Our e-commerce sites work with a wide range of payment gateway services. Please be aware that payment providers will charge you a fee for using their services - some work on a fixed monthly price while others may take a percentage of each transaction. Take a look at a few options and see what's right for you - often there are some good deals to be had! Speak to us about our complete list of compatible payment gateways - once you have one in place, we'll help with the set-up and integration.
5. You've got everything complete, your online shop has been built, you've added your products and you're live. What next? Will your web developers continue to support you as you get going? If you have a problem is there help available?
With our ongoing subscription, you get ongoing support. That's support from us locally, support from our head office team and 24/7 support with our in-depth support website - chock full of how-to guides and videos. You also get support with your domain, emails, hosting, security, back-ups and SEO. We don't just leave you to struggle, we're available to help with questions and issues. And on top of that, you get ongoing system updates including new features to integrate into your site whenever they become available. All at no extra cost.
Whatever you're looking to sell online, speak to us first about your e-commerce website.
Share this post: